The Thomas Clan

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Larrabee State Park

I had yesterday off from work so I decided to do my first trip outside of the city. I didn't want to go east to the mountains because of all the snow, so instead I went north. I got out my Washington State Parks book and picked Larrabee State Park, which is on the coast just a few miles south of Bellingham. I hiked up to Fragrance Lake, out to the Lost Lake Overlook, and then on up to the top of Mt. Chuckanut. The weather was great for it (it's been in the 50's here all week, everyone's sweating) although the trail was still really wet and muddy. There were a couple of overlooks with views of Samish and Bellingham Bays along with what seemed like thousands of islands. There were plenty of photo ops--made me wish Kelly was there with his camera to see what cool pictures he'd take!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home