Merry Christmas!
Here it is, Christmas morning already! I was promised that everyone would be awake at 6:30, but it's quarter to seven now and still there's no action around here. I've been awake since 4:30 (my morning work schedule has my brain wired to be awake by then). Where's my brother when I need him to rouse the household on Christmas morning??
So the night before Christmas Eve, before I went to bed, I decided to get online and make myself a reservation for a parking space in one of the myriad paylots near the airport. Yeah, uh, guess I shoulda thought of that justa tad sooner? At any rate, obviously, not a single reservable parking space was available and I didn't feel like dealing with the stress of trying to find a space in the dark and cold of the early morning, so I took the bus to the airport in the morning. The bus left at 3:30am, which meant that I got up at 2:30 to leave my apartment at 3 to walk down to the bus stop. 2:30 is a tad early, even for me! But I made it just fine, and I have to say that the $1.25 bus fare sure beats the $10+ per day to park my car in a lot.
Hey, I hear action down the hall! People must finally be waking up! Merry Christmas!!
So the night before Christmas Eve, before I went to bed, I decided to get online and make myself a reservation for a parking space in one of the myriad paylots near the airport. Yeah, uh, guess I shoulda thought of that justa tad sooner? At any rate, obviously, not a single reservable parking space was available and I didn't feel like dealing with the stress of trying to find a space in the dark and cold of the early morning, so I took the bus to the airport in the morning. The bus left at 3:30am, which meant that I got up at 2:30 to leave my apartment at 3 to walk down to the bus stop. 2:30 is a tad early, even for me! But I made it just fine, and I have to say that the $1.25 bus fare sure beats the $10+ per day to park my car in a lot.
Hey, I hear action down the hall! People must finally be waking up! Merry Christmas!!

2 Comments:
At 4:26 PM,
Karen said…
Come on Kimmy, give me a break, I was almost up at 6:30
At 8:59 PM,
Louis D. said…
The rest of us were awake at 6 waiting for signs of life. We were about to light matches under the smoke detector to wake her up.
Post a Comment
<< Home